Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Morning Weigh In - Nothing to Fear

I just have a little bit to say today. I mainly want to say that I'm no longer afraid of the scale. Not because I have arrived or am the peak of physical fitness, but because I know I am doing everything I know I can do.

Hard work pays off. My nutrition is at about 85% of where I want it to be. That's pretty good. Trying to get to about 95% this week and see how that feels. My biggest hang up is pop (soda). I am trying to make it until after my long run on Sunday. The twitches are starting to kick in already. Anyways...

The scale is not our enemy. I am not losing weight for the sake of losing weight. I need to eat better and exercise for a longer, better quality of life for my family and myself. If it was just about losing weight to look good in skinny jeans then forget it. The scale is just one indicator that I am moving towards a healthier life. We are partners. It holds me accountable. I got a marathon to run in November and I have an Ironman 70.3 in December of 2013 if all goes well. The scale is just one sign post along the path. I love it. With that said, here is Monday morning weigh in:

Starting Weight on June 18th - 119kg (261.8lbs)
Last week 114kg (250.8kg)
Today 111.7kg (245.7lbs)

Total Loss: 7.3kg (16.1lbs)


2 comments: