Monday, July 16, 2012

Counting Victories and Monday Morning Weigh In

Sorry it has been a while since I wrote anything. I have been frustrated with some computer problems and I am hoping they are resolved now. So anyhow...

I ran 12.5 miles yesterday. Hey now, that is something. It is fun to see progress. You don't always get to see that. There are plenty of times it all feels flat and there is no progress being made at all. Ever feel like that? For example, I ram 12 miles yesterday and I ran my fastest 5k I ever ran since moving here this morning. Now I would say that's progress.

But just a few hours ago I was climbing the stairs of the BTS (Skytrain) and I thought I was going to pass out. lol. My heart was beating out of my chest and I was exhausted. It kinda ticked me off. I felt like I put all this work in and have seen so much progress but walking the stairs still kills me. But how am I going to spend my time reflecting? Not on the stupid stairs for sure.

I am going to look at the progress I have made and celebrate. I am going to count my victories. If I spent my life looking at everything I haven't done or haven't accomplished yet then I miss all the good stuff and victories I have had along the way. What a sad way to live.

Don't spend your time wallowing in what isn't happening throwing yourself a pity party (like I do at times). Look at your victories, no matter how small they seem to you, because they all add up. One victory at a time. One stair at a time. Peace.

Monday Morning Weigh In
Starting Weight: 119 kg (261.8 lbs)
Last Week: 111.7kg (245.7lbs)
Today: 109.8kg (241.6lbs)

20 lbs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment