Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Body Hates Me

Not too much to report today. It was tough waking up and realizing I couldn't run. My back had just had enough. It was pretty sore from 9.56 miles on Sunday and swimming yesterday. Fair enough. Tomorrow maybe I'll do 1/2 hour swim and 1/2 hour run.

Sometimes we have to know when our bodies need rest and when to push through. Today, because of the location (lower back) I knew I had to give it a rest. It is important to learn your body and know the difference between wimping out and allowing yourself to heal. I still focused on nutrition today and am doing pretty good. Just because we can't accomplish the fitness part of the day, doesn't mean we throw in the towel right?

On a side note, I just finished a book by Andy Holgate. It is called Can't Swim, Can't Bike, Can't Run. It is the story of a regular guy who decides to see what he is made of. He ends up becoming an Ironman. Check out the story of this librarian and see what connects with you. Maybe your challenge isn't in an Ironman, but find that dream your chasing and go get it. God plants dreams in our hearts but it is up to us if we are willing to pursue it. We were made for a purpose and for different challenges.

Go get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment