Monday, June 25, 2012

Running Bandit, Finding Sanook & Monday Weigh In

So I had a fun weekend. At Suan Luang Park there was a 1/2 marathon, 10k and 5 k run. I decided to show up that morning with 7 others from the Bangkok Runners and give it a go. It was incredibly well organized by Twin Lotus and all the money went to charity. There was one snag in the plan though. When I showed up that morning there were no more registrations being taken. I felt deflated. Although they told us we could run bandit (without registering), I didn't get an tshirt or the cool little prize package at the end. Priorities you know. Ha Ha! No I gave it a go anyways and it was a lot of fun! I ran the whole 10k in 1:20:32. I am not ashamed because I know what my second option was: nothing. I could have sat on my butt all day and did nothing.

I also think that Thai people must have the most fun at running events. All the way through there was laughing and smiling and joking around. I saw one guy (a runner) catching a ride on the back of a songtaaw (pick up w/ benches) and then I saw him later on the back of a scooter. He was a riot and added comic relief. What a good time. A Thai friend ran the whole with me. He could have beat me by 1/2 an hour but he wanted to enjoy the run and I am grateful. The company was great. Plus he helped translate the jokes about a pack of dogs at the 1/2 way point (true story). Sanook is the Thai word for fun. It is who they are and what they are about. If it isn't Sanook, it isn't happening. I am looking forward to more running events here in Bangkok.

Monday weigh in. I weighed in last week at 115.6 kg (254.3 lbs). I had lost 3.4 kg (7.5 lbs) that week. This week wasn't near as impressive. The weigh in was 114.8 kg. I lost 0.8 kg (1.8 lbs). But hey, I am happy with that! A loss is a loss. That's 4.2 kg (9.3 lbs) I know I have to reign in my eating a little better. Working on that this week. OK all, have a good week. Set a goal. Work hard. Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment